Thursday, March 30, 2017

My reflection on C&D thinking and mind mapping

Hey there, today I´m going to be talking about my opinion on Convergent vs. Divergent questions on the internet, as well as Mind Mapping on Mindomo.

OK, let´s begin with Convergent vs. Divergent questions, but first, some bullet points on what these actually are:

Convergent
  • require little effort
  • lead to a simple answer 
  • often begin with "what?", "when?" and "who?"
  • offer only basic information

Divergent
  • produce brain training
  • might lead to even more questions
  • often begin with "how could?", "suppose?" and "what might?"
  • offer much more information than convergent questions

Now yes, let´s talk about my opinion on these two, and I´m sorry by offering such an unoriginal answer, but I think divergent questions are much better than convergent ones, unless what you need for your work is an convergent answer, but normally divergent questions make you understand better the topic, since you have to understand the logic of the text to understand well the content, and I say this by my own experience.


Here´s an example of Convergent vs. Divergent:






Now my reflection on mind mapping on Mindomo. And before let me explain quickly what Mindomo is, and it´s really simple, cause Mindomo is a Website/Program/App to use for virtual mind mapping, something like this:


https://www.google.com.ar/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiLz-yVpP_SAhXJjZAKHTB5A7UQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fweb.creaza.com%2Fen%2Fhelp%2Forganize-your-ideas-with-mindomo&bvm=bv.151426398,d.Y2I&psig=AFQjCNG6OzXWHezTQL9ylanGCCBIcpTGwg&ust=1490999510098277
            

To be honest, until now I´ve always preferred drawing mind maps on paper, and that considering that I love technology, but, according to the review I saw of this website, now I would have something to recommend other people, aldo I won´t change my method yet, I still prefer paper in this case. But, yes, Mindomo is the best second choice, since it is so simple to use, as you can see in the video.

But well, that´s it for today, see you all later!    


















No comments:

Post a Comment