Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Can you find a couple of Turing-machine-like structures in a V Neumann architecture?

Not so long ago, I watched two videos about how a Turing Machine works and how a CPU works. I found the videos pretty interesting and wanted to share with you the similarities between them. To explain it all in a more organized way, I made with my partner a mindmap with all the concepts and similarities between those two. So,I'll leave you the mindmap down below this blog with the both links to the videos included. Once I have finished explaining both concepts in the mindmap, I will be happy to answer the question I wrote in the title.

So let's start!!

The videos: Turing machine
                    CPU






similarities
cooltext
As you can see the turing mchine and the CPU work both with the 1 and 0 coded form. Other pretty interesting similaritie is that both receive and send information.But when the turing machine does the sending and recieving thing it creates an input and output, in the V.Neumann instead it´s all been made by the ALU.

Hope you liked it and see you next time
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment