Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Can you find a couple of Turing-machine-like structures in a V Neumann architecture?



Turing Machines / CPUImage by Cooltext



Recently, I have seen a video about the funtioning of Turing Machines and how a CPU ( Central Processing Unit) works. I can tell, that both videos were very interesting and I wanted to know, if there were structures of the Turing Machines that work as building blocks for the V. Neumann structure. Down I will leave a link to both videos so you can watch them if you are interested. After watching both videos, I created a mindmap explaining the concepts of Turing machines and V. Neumann architecture which I will show you down below. Next to that and last, I will answer the question that is in the title: Can you find a couple of Turing-machine-like structures in a V. Neumann architecture?
























( I took a screenshot of my mindmap and posted it because I did not find a way to embed it with the HTML)
Mindomo website



Image by Cool Text
Similarities
As you can see, both use an algorithm with 1 and 0. Also, both receive and send data with inputs and outputs. In the turing machine, this creates an input and output. The V. Neumann structure does it with the ALU.


                             Taken from Wikipedia












But if you see from another point of view, The V. Neumann uses the theory of Turing Machines to solve problems or answer questions.






No comments:

Post a Comment