Wednesday, April 5, 2017

C&D Thinking and Mindmapping Cecilia Uhrin




Today I´m going to talk about my opinion of convergent and divergent questions and also about mindmapping with a program called Mindomo.

Let´s start with convergent and divergent questions. What are they? Explained in a simple way, convergent questions can have only one answer, while divergent questions can have infinit answers. 


  

Convergent questions have direct answers, for example What is 2 + 2?
They are generally used to focus on something. Here are some examples:

  • What is your name?
  • What are you doing?
  • What did you eat yesterday?

Divergent questions have indirect answers, like How can I use this battery? You can use them to try and encourage a number of answers and lead to critical thinking, creativity and problem solving. Examples:
  • What does the name Carl make you think?
  • What else could you be doing?
  • Did you want to eat something else?


My opinion:
Convergent questions are obviously much more simple, because you have only one simple answer. I think that divergent questions are better because you make your brain work. This questions will make it easier to you to understand the topic. And another point is that it can even lead you to more questions. 



Mindomo is a program where you can make a virtual mindmap. I like it because it's very easy and simple to use. 
You can make a mindmap like this one:


I use this technic of mindmapping very much for studying. You can summarize the information shorter, and also you can add colors or drawings so it looks more funnier or attractive. Honestly I prefer to elaborate a mindmap in paper. But I recently got to know this virtual mindmap, so I will give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment